Sunday, February 28, 2010

Triviality

-I love the Olympics. I have loved the Olympics since 1996 in Atlanta (where we lived at the time). I was on the neighborhood swim team and I'd go to swim practice and then come home and watch the swimming events and eat fruit. That's when I started loving the Olympics, and I can say with truth-ness that my eyes tear up when I hear the Olympic anthem, and when athletes who win gold celebrate with fists in the air and smiles on their faces. In fact, the last couple weeks have been emotional.

-I'm tired of watching TV. I don't really watch TV, normally. I watch "The Marvelous Misadventures of Flapjack" with my little brother if it's on sometimes, but, otherwise, I just watch a select couple of shows (mainly Arrested Development) on my computer. TV sucks.

-I'm tired of watching TV with my family. It's tough to watch TV with people asking questions/providing commentary constantly.

-I wish I could say that "I knew Canada was awesome the whole time", but, alas, I cannot. Now, I know. Americans give Canadians a lot of crap, but who the hell are we? I can't answer that question... In any case, while I am ever mindful of how insignificant this gesture is, I still say, with all my heart, "Nice job, Canada. Vancouver ruled. I am ridiculously happy for you all!" That sounds really corny, and I'm okay with that.

Changing gears,

-I miss the feeling of heat coming through the vents during the winter. I felt it this morning, but, as noted in an earlier post, I can't indulge in those feelings knowing that it's going to be 95 degrees outside in a couple of months.

-I may "miss the feeling of heat coming through the vents during the winter", but I suppose that plenty of people in the world don't have vents through which heated air could pass during the winter... I don't know what to write.

Another gear switch,

-I'm tired of war pictures, and I'm tired of war. Nothing political or anything else about it, I'm just tired of it. I'm tired of it and I'm not even in it...

Music: (as a reminder, these aren't songs or artists I've discovered recently necessarily, just songs and artists that I like. And I share them. Because everyone likes a good song list, yeah?)

Elliot Smith- Between the Bars
Paramore- The Only Exception
Gemma Hayes- Oliver
Muse- Knights of Cydonia

This was definitely a trivial post... I think/hope that my life is going to get a little bit more interesting in the next couple of months...

I'm 22 and I sometimes feel a little weird being friends with people who are more graduated in years (more than 45 years old) on Facebook. (And clearly I have no shame in saying so.)
Question: Am I the only one who feels this way?

No comments:

Post a Comment