Sunday, February 7, 2010

Senioritis has officially claimed me as it's home. I haven't possessed this diminished of a desire to do any of my homework since my fourth year of high school. I can literally feel the care seeping out of my pores. Take, for instance, this weekend. I have a Chinese resume to write, some 87 pages to read, and a small paper to write, it's Sunday night, and I've only done exactly none of that. Sure, it was a fairly busy weekend, but the fact remains that, not a year ago, I was toting the "I'm in college, full-time" excuse as my get-out-of-doing-(activity in which I was not interested) pass. Oh well, I'm glad I'm only taking 14 credit hours this semester and 12 in the fall... and, at the risk of sounding like I feel like I have to justify this carelessness, I've got plenty of other things that I'm doing with my time right now...

I've realized that lists are appealing. So, I will include lists in my posts.

Things I've learned recently:

-Lists are appealing.

-I'm only 22 and I'm already tired of watching Super Bowls. I think the 'every 4 year plan' is appealing- it works for the World Cup and the Olympics!

-Having a sibling who is 10 years younger than me... has its challenges.

-Everybody is getting engaged. Fortunately, I'm not. Not right now. Or in the very near future. Like, I definitely won't be engaged before I go to sleep tonight, for sure. Or tomorrow.

-It's challenging to buy stuff without money.

-Brokenness and humility are underrated to a great degree. A GREAT degree.

Here's another list:

Some favorite songs, currently:

Meant to Be- Late Night Alumni
4 AM (Adam K & Soha Radio Edit)- Kaskade (Live Version as well)
Love Me- JJ Heller
Inama Nushif (Montage)- Brian Tyler
Fingerbib- Aphex Twin
IZ-US- Aphex Twin

Photos are appealing, too, so here's a photo:

That's Christmas morning, but with the shutter only partially opened. Nice, dad.

And some lyrics:

The orphan clings to Your hand
Singing the song of how he was found
The widow rejoices
For her oppressors are silenced now

The runaway falls at Your feet
You are what he has searched for
The rich man is broken
When he stands beneath a sky full of stars

You sit at the table with the wounded and the poor
You laugh and share stories with the thief and the whore
When You could just be silent and leave us here to die
Still, You sent Your Son for us
You are on our side

Bethany Dillon, You Are On Our Side, lyrics rearranged

I've clearly made a fairly thorough attempt to make this post appealing.

No comments:

Post a Comment