Thursday, February 11, 2010

The fact remains that...

Triathlete Kirsten Sweetland tweeted about a week ago,

"You know you've bonked when you eat all the food in the house then resort to sticking your finger in peanut butter, jelly and nutella jars."

Indeed. I bonked on the ride home from school on Wednesday with about ten miles remaining. Let's just say that it's Thursday evening and I haven't not been hungry since Tuesday night. I ride my brother's BMX to and from home and bus stops and light rail trains and school on Tuesdays and Thursdays, and I even felt sluggish on the BMX today... I know exactly what I did wrong, though! Still, tomorrow on the bike is a question mark...

Back to triathlon: even if you don't have any interest in triathlons, check out the flying mount kid in this video at about 0:18.

Byah! That's right... kids in Kitzbühel, Austria (and many other parts of the world) are doing triathlons. Kids in America are... ?

I'm stoked for the Olympics! It seems like the Summer Olympics are a bigger deal to most people than the Winter Olympics, but I think I enjoy the Winters even more than Summers. I'm looking forward to watching it in not-China i.e. America, where I won't have to be extracting bits of information (and rare moments of unbiased truth) from Chinese newscasters. That was a downer, huh? Yeah, yeah it was and is...

118 days until FIFA World Cup 2010!

Exactly two months until ITU Triathlon World Championship 2010 begins in Sydney!

I've been saying the phrase, "The fact remains that..." often, recently. So, here is a "The-fact-remains-that list"-

The fact remains that...

...even an injection of "CARE" into my blood stream would not produce enough care within me to put distinctly great amounts of exertion into my studies. Except for Chinese. I care about Chinese.

..."a man who was merely a man and said the sort of things Jesus said would not be a great moral teacher. He would either be a lunatic - on the level with a man who says he is a poached egg - or he would be the devil of hell. You must take your choice. Either this was, and is, the Son of God, or else a madman or something worse. You can shut Him up for a fool or you can fall at His feet and call Him Lord and God. But let us not come with any patronizing nonsense about His being a great human teacher. He has not left that open to us." - C.S. Lewis

...Kierkegaard is right. Faith is terrifying.

...my mind and my heart, or, less abstractly, my knowledge and my emotions, will forever be battling one another with regard to that thing called "faith", however horrifying it may, indeed, be. And I'm okay with that.

...alcohol is not a sufficient fuel source for endurance efforts. (This is not why I bonked on Wednesday, ha! It is, however, why Monday morning's ride suuuuucked.)

No comments:

Post a Comment