Sunday, February 21, 2010

What I Wanna Be When I Grows Up

This is gonna be "hella" random.

Why does Olympic coverage suck so badly? I know I was complaining about the 2008 Olympics in China, but holy crap!- events are starting at 9 in the morning in Vancouver and NBC doesn't start coverage until, like 18:30? Maybe they are starting earlier, and I'm just not around to see it? I'm sure it's tough covering the Olympics and broadcasting what the typical American wants to see, but really? I dunno, I guess I'm just feeling a little cheated here. Maybe I should just go to the Olympics, next time...

Despite the above paragraph, I truly am enjoying watching the Olympics, very much so!
_

I don't care what you say, when I see pictures or commercials that involve a UFC fighter lying on the ground with another fighter straddling him, I think it looks like something I would definitely not want to be a part of.
_

I got cycling shoes (finally) a couple weeks ago. I've only been out with them a couple of times, but I'm quite certain that using them instead of the mountain pedals shaved 3-5 minutes off of my commute, one way, immediately. Ace.
_

My Existentialism professor giving us sound advice: "Don't let your brain make you it's bitch."
_

I've realized that it's not so much Phoenix that I hate, nor is it the fact that there are only two seasons here, it's just the fact that there's not much change, and I like change. I need change.

Also, all of this talk about Phoenix weather that goes something like "6 months of the year are great, and 6 months are awful" is absolute bollocks. How about "8.5 months of the year, it's like you are being baked in an oven, and 3.5 months of the year, the weather is lukewarm/chilly". Enjoying winter time here is like being 8 years old and trying to enjoy an ice cream and cartoons after school when, earlier in the day, you got in trouble at school and know that you are going to be in deep shite when your father comes home from work... just not gonna happen.

Did I say that it's not so much Phoenix that I hate? Hmmmm...
_

Something that rules:

Mario Kart on N64 with my little brother
_

Something that does not rule:

People moving their mouths for 15 minutes without ever actually saying anything at all
_

Some music:

Boys Noize - Let's Buy Happiness (Proxy Remix)
David Walker- Can You See
David Walker- Back to the Place
David Walker- Closer Than Angels
Feist- Brandy Alexander
_

Regarding school, I believe that I am now successfully going through the motions. I look like a student and act like a student, but I feel it becoming less and less of who I am as I move into the next part of my life. I suppose it's somewhat likely that I'll be a student again after I graduate, and I'll always learn, but... well, isn't 17 years of student-hood enough? Yes... yes, indeed.
_

I still have absolutely no idea how many people will read this.
_

What do I want to be when I a grow up? A triathlete.


1 comment:

  1. Hey Chris,

    0) I know the feeling of having no idea how many people actually read your blog...so I'll send you this comment to reaffirm that people do!

    1) I'm pretty sure coverage is both in the morning as it is at night, just not the most "popular" sports. One reason I can think of for the reason why majority of the coverage doesn't start until 18:30 involves ratings. Higher ratings in the later hours, etc. etc.

    2) MarioKart was what brought my brother and I together. That and Mario Golf, Smash Bros., and Mario Tennis.

    3) I don't have a three as of now. Thanks for sharing the random thoughts, I enjoyed reading them.

    ~Christie R.

    ReplyDelete