Friday, February 5, 2010

A blog about a blog.

Hi.

I like the part in "Hoosiers" when Jimmy Chitwood says "I think it's about time I start playing some basketball." I'm not about to say I'm the Jimmy Chitwood of blogging, but I do think that it's about time for me to start writing.

I guess I'm in the mood for change because I also got on Twitter today, and I set my QQ (China's AIM) to "Available" instead of the usual "Invisible". Oh, well. Update: I just realized that "China's AIM" doesn't make any sense. China's America Online Instant Messenger? WTHell?

I think this is going to be the hardest post I'll ever write. How do I feel? I feel like no one's going to read this unless I post a link to it as my Facebook status, but then it will seem like I actually think that what I'm writing is important, and I don't even know how I feel about that. I suppose that's beside the point, though.

Ultimately, I figure that, given the fact that I'm probably(hopefully) not going to be in America at this time next year, a blog might be something useful to have with regard to keeping somewhat in touch with people. I should have and had planned to do this back before I left for China, what... more than two years ago, but that clearly didn't happen.

Now, here's about where, in the past, I'd normally erase everything I've written, log out, and vow never to attempt this again. Why? Because I'm writing a blog about writing a blog! Who "in tarnation" wants to read this? No one's reading this! Wait... Wait! I think I can feel myself breaking out of this shell... If no one can read this, than why should I care what I write? It doesn't matter!

Well, now that I've dealt with that, hello! Here's where I am in my life:

I have two semesters left at ASU until I graduate.
Taking 14 credit hours is a hell of a lot easier than taking 18, even though all 14 are upper division courses.
I am thinking about pursuing a career as a Mandarin Chinese Interpreter. I mentioned this to someone the other day and they said, "That's cool!" And I said, "Yes."
I am severely attracted to triathlon and the healthy lifestyle which potentially accompanies it. I follow the ITU World Cup Events like most Americans follow baskethoop or whatever that sport is with orange balls and baskets and net stuff (wah wah).
I like Liverpool FC.
I ran a marathon in January in 3h22m.

And the rest, thou shalt figure out.

If you have a blog on this blogger website thing, find me. Or follow me. Or whatever it is that you do. And on Twitter. And on QQ, which is apparently "China's America Online Instant Messenger". If that doesn't make sense, well...

2 comments:

  1. Chris! I admit I only read your blog because it was on facebook, but it is good to hear about your goings on these days. Good luck with the last 2 semesters. It feels glorious to be done.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Orange balls, baskets and net stuff... Sounds like an exciting game with very sick males with baskets on their heads wearing, um, net stuff. The visual is terrific.

    ReplyDelete