Tuesday, March 30, 2010

Nothing doing...

Television is eating my father. Solitaire is eating my mother. CSI is eating my entire family, except me.

...but Arrested Development devoured me a long time ago.
_

This is fun.
_

This is cool. (Originally posted by Mark Kaech)
_

Since I started writing this B-log, I have not written extensively about two things:
1. My feelings.
2. Controversial topics.

Whether this has been done (or not done, rather) subconsciously or consciously, that time is over.

If you want to respond to anything I write, write me, or talk to me. Or write in the comments section. Or whatever.
_

Sometimes I feel like I'm the only person I know who isn't a Republican. I know plenty of Democrats, but I don't come into contact with them as often as I come into contact with Republicans.

I'm not a Republican. I'm not a Democrat. I'm apolitical in every sense of the word.

I feel like politics leads to fear, and "fear is the path to the dark side. Fear leads to anger. Anger leads to hate. Hate leads to suffering."

I'm not joking.

So what am I? I follow Christ. And I submit that being a Republican or Democrat never did anything to help or encourage anyone to call God their father. I would even submit that it has done only the opposite, creating division and turmoil.
_

I can and will talk about politics with people, but I refuse to let it separate me from those I love. It breaks my heart to write that I find this nearly, if not entirely impossible.

Don't misunderstand me: I understand the strength of the democratic system, I understand that the tension between the political parties is one thing that makes the system so strong.

I am not imploring you to become apolitical like myself. I am imploring you to remove your love, your respect, your honesty, and your humanity from the sacrificial fire pit of politics. I am imploring you to see politics for the dividing wedge that it is. I mean, simply being mindful of the fact that it is very capable of division is enough. Don't let it divide. Don't let it foster hate.

Because, from my apolitical point of view, fostering hate and division is one of the main things politics does.

Set aside your nationality, your politicality, your denomination.

Christians: Recognize God as King. Non-Christians: Seek God as King.

The end.
_

I find myself incapable of writing "short essays" and short letters to people. I write a lot.
_

I could swear that, in Phoenix, Arizona, there is a headwind in every direction. It feels like one could ride a bicycle in a circle and the wind resistance would be consistent the entire time. Dislike.
_

12 days until ITU World Championship Series begins in Sydney
72 days until FIFA World Cup 2010!!!!!!!
850 days until London 2012 Summer Olympics
1437 days until Sochi 2014 Winter Olympics...
_

Music:

JJ Heller- Love Me
JJ Heller- Your Hands
Gotan Project- La Revancha Del Tango (Album)
_

Lyrics:

Amazing grace
Christ gave that day
My life was changed
When from my shoulders
Fell the weight of my sin

Consume my thoughts
As I rest in You
I'm now in love
With a Saviour
Bearing the marks of His love

Hillsong United- Second Chance

I have unanswered prayers

I have trouble I wish wasn't there

And I have asked a thousand ways

That You would take my pain away

That You would take my pain away


I am trying to understand

How to walk this weary land

Make straight the paths that crookedly lie

Oh Lord, before these feet of mine

Oh Lord, before these feet of mine


When my world is shaking

Heaven stands

When my heart is breaking

I never leave Your hands


When You walked upon the Earth

You healed the broken, lost, and hurt

I know You hate to see me cry

One day You will set all things right

Yea, one day You will set all things right


When my world is shaking

Heaven stands

When my heart is breaking

I never leave Your hands


Your hands

Your hands that shape the world

Are holding me, they hold me still

Your hands that shape the world

Are holding me, they hold me still


JJ Heller- Your Hands

2 comments:

  1. Those are some wise words on politics, my friend.

    ReplyDelete
  2. guess where i'll be in 72 days? i know i know, you'll believe it when i walk out that door. i'll take pictures for you from the WC.

    ReplyDelete