Tuesday, March 23, 2010

"Ground Fighting's Not My Scene, Man!"

Google Maps (or whoever supplies their satellite photographs) took new pictures of my house! Because I enjoy running and cycling, I often use Gmaps Pedometer to map or calculate the distances of runs or rides. Anyway, the satellite photographs of the area in which I live which were used for the last few years were replaced with updated ones recently.

Yay.
_

Writing of Google, check this out. That's called sticking it to the man. The mainland Chinese man.
(Thanks to Harris Kwok)
_

Favorite post-bicycle ride food: Almond butter, honey, and banana on whole wheat bread.
_

I did not wear green at any time during St. Patrick's Day, and I'm not sorry.
_

Spring break was a bad idea. To refer to a previous post, it's like coming to a complete stop on a bicycle- one must work extra hard to gain back all of the momentum that one gained before stopping. Or... must one?
_

One of the last bits of direct speech at the end of the first chapter of the 1969 Chinese novel "The Deer and the Cauldron":

"I know, I'm just Trinket: Little White Dragon's the name, swimming's the game. Water sports. Staying under water. Eating raw fish and prawns. Ground fighting's not my scene, man!"

I want to see the original Chinese writing from which the sentence, "Ground fighting's not my scene, man!" was translated...
_

Anyone need or know someone who needs a Mandarin Chinese interpreter?
_

Music:

Where You Go I Go- Jesus Culture
Your Love Never Fails- Jesus Culture

No comments:

Post a Comment