Friday, December 31, 2010

Short and Sweet (and Sour?)

It's fun to get emails from people who aren't my professors.
_

It's also fun to have a nearly empty inbox. And a nearly empty room.
_

_

Graduating GPA: 3.93

My intention isn't to boast (I mean, who cares, anyway?) My intention is to let the world rejoice in the accomplishment of the goal with me. I came back from China to finish school and to finish it well, and I did just that (pats self on back.)
_

Out of the following, which is stronger?:

Losing yourself in laughter, i.e. eyes closed, abs clenched, mouth open, tears streaming, nearing laughter levels of unconsciousness at that which is truly funny to you.

vs

Weeping tears in a state of Aristotelian catharsis, i.e. weeping due to "an extreme change in emotion, occurring as the result of experiencing strong feelings of sorrow, fear, pity, or even resulting from much laughter. It has been described as a "purification" or a "purging" of such emotions. More recently, such terms as restoration, renewal, and revitalization have been used when referencing the effect on members of the audience." While this definition includes laughter as a potential feeling which may induce catharsis, I am excluding it. I want to focus on those feelings which are normally considered to occupy positions which are opposed to laughter.
_

I leave America on January 12. I don't know when I will be back.

:)

1 comment:

  1. I'm so happy for you, and I really hope we see each other again. We've had some great laughs together, and many of my best memories of college have you in them.

    Love and light, my friend. Keep in touch. :)

    ReplyDelete